My Shops

Thursday, June 28, 2012

New to the shop and transferring my domain name.

Well I'm back. Did you miss me? Several days ago I decided to not renew my .com domain name with my provider and to look for a cheaper alternative. Found one right away and started the transfer. Then my .com disappeared for 3 days.  I guess it went pretty smooth considering. I'm just glad it was only 3 days. Anyhow, I'm back now and at a cheaper rate!

So here's what's new at Cottonridge Vintage:
  


This cute little canvas bag is from WW II. It's stamped "US Optical Gas Mask M1" on the front. 



I'm not sure what the symbol represents.

 

There are the neatest black metal snaps that close it securely.




On the inside of the flap it's stamped "M5 E.A. Lot 63".

It has a canvas shoulder strap that can be adjusted with metal hardware. 

You can see from the photos it has a few small age holes. They look like they are burns from sparks to me. There are also some places where someone wrote on it in ink. They're pretty faded now but are still visible (enlarge the photos to see them).

WW II US Optical Gas Mask Carrier

$35.

Available from 


on etsy.


1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I feel weird calling it cute considering that it's a gas mask carrier..... but cute nonetheless. :) What a great find!

    ReplyDelete